One of my fellow France-expat bloggers, Mel of France Says, has very kindly nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Merci beaucoup de me nominer, Mel! I always enjoy reading your posts and your takes on France!
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, and let them know that you have nominated them.
1. I am the oldest child in my immediate family (I have one younger brother and one younger sister), and the first-born granddaughter on both sides of my family.
2. I was a gymnast for 14 years, and my team won the state competition three times in high school.
3. I also played the flute for 8 years; I marched in the 2004 Thanksgiving Day Parade and the 2007 Tournament of Roses Parade with my competitive high school marching band.
4. I was in a sorority in college (and am now and alumna) of Sigma Sigma Sigma– the same sorority as my maternal grandmother.
5. My hair is naturally curly and we have no idea where it comes from.
6. I am less than 5 feet tall.
7. I am an expert social media stalker.
Now, for you: here are some blogs I follow with pleasure- be sure to check them out and add them to your Reader!
1. Belle Brita– She and I met on Twitter but she writes a great blog from a Christian Feminist perspective- she is also a fellow Francophile who spent two years working in France!
2. Anne a l’aventure– Anne is a new friend I met this year in France. She’s so smart and has so many great things to say!
3. Laura’s Lifestyle File– My roommate, Laura and I have become fast friends this year in France. She needs to get some followers on her wonderful blog!
4. Avec Sam– Another Assistant I’ve connected with this year!
5. Bon Voyage, Mon Chéri– A fellow Wisconsinite who also lived in France for some time.
6. Hiatus Hunnie– I met Charlotte when I was traveling in Florence. This Canadian has a great travel blog!
7. Cheesehead Adventures– My friend Matt is currently serving with the Peace Corps in South Africa! He inspires me everyday!
8. Quiche Lauren– We met as fellow TAPIFers via BlogLand. She now works and studies in DC!
9. Rondelet By Cara- Another blogger I’ve been following. She has taught in France and is also a feminist. She’s also coincidently friends with nomination #2, Anne!
10. Lost in Tradducion- Amelie and I have gotten to know each other via blog world. She is half American, half French, and taught English in Spain!
11. Just Look at Their Elbow– Katie has been a huge role model for me since high school. She currently teaches English in Korea!
12. A Landscape Selected at Random– Eileen did the impossible– passed the CAFEP and now teaches and lives in France. She’s even applying for nationality!
13. Almost Bilingue– Shannon is also a permanent expat, and used to teach at my current university as the lectrice!
14. Erika From America- This woman has done it all and has so many great things to say, in addition to a powerful outlook on life!
15. La Vie en C-Rose– A final France expat blog! We’ve never met in person but we talk via WordPress! Follow her adventures in Lyon!