Yay! I have been nominated by my friend Belle Vierge to receive a Liebster Award!
This award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers by other bloggers. It’s a way to publicize & promote your blog, gain more activity on your site, and overall acknowledge your fellow bloggers’ awesomeness, despite the lower numbers of readers. Thank you so much, Belle, for the honor!
Here are the rules for the nominee (Me):
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you in a post.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger (Belle Vierge) created
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers whom deserve recognition (you cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you)
- Post 11 new questions for them to answer
- Notify all nominated bloggers
11 Facts about Dana
- I have always wanted to work/live abroad since I can remember; after studying in France, interning in Japan, I am finally moving back to France to teach English in September!!
- My passions are traveling and cultures; I cannot imagine living life without either!
- I’ve always liked the idea of becoming a teacher, but I didn’t figure out what kind of teacher I wanted to be until my junior year of college.
- I have read/seen all of the Harry Potter movies more times than I care to admit.
- I am and always have been a self-proclaimed feminist (and no, I am not a bra-burner, a lesbian- but if I was that would be okay too, nor do I hate men!) My inspirations include Jessica Valenti, Jaclyn Friedman and Zerlina Maxwell.
- I was a gymnast for 14 years of my life, during which our high school team won the D1 state title three consecutive times (2006, 2007, 2008). Most people in my home town know this about me, but anyone who has met me in college and beyond does not.
7. My hair is very naturally curly; I’ve only straightened my hair a handful of times in my life (almost all of which were completed by my friend/sister, Melissa, on my right!)
8. I struggle a lot with my religious views. I am always searching for an ongoing understanding and a meaning of truth! (But, I was raised Unitarian Universalist!)
9. I am an absolutely terrible singer and dancer, but I love Glee (seriously I’m a true Gleek!) and Broadway musicals!
10. I never thought I would EVER join a sorority but it’s one of the best things I ever did in college (next to study abroad). In fact, my maternal grandmother and I are in the same sorority!
11. I have zero interest in football or sports in general, with the exception of gymnastics and diving.
11 Answers for Belle:
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I was going to be studying abroad in France. I wanted to write about my experiences, post photos, and teach others about what I was experiencing and encourage them to study abroad as well! I wanted to do more besides just put my photos on Facebook. As I have grown, I also incorporate feminist view points and experiences into my blog in order to teach others to recognize the inequalities in their day-to-day lives.
- Describe your “first time.” (Doesn’t have to be sex). My first time was incredible; I became so addicted that I never want to stop. (Insert: “to France” and “traveling”).
- Cats or dogs? I like both but I have never had / do not want pets.
- Paris, London, Manhattan, or somewhere else? Why? I love them all, and I have a big picture of each in my bedroom! Paris was the first city I visited outside the United States– I have studied it in school and have visited many times… Paris is always a good idea! I love London because I love a lot of the British influence in the world, particularly Harry Potter. It is an absolutely beautiful city… if one is bored with London, one is bored with life. And finally, NYC– I have always wanted to live in NYC- it literally has everything, and I don’t need a visa to move there. 🙂
- Ten years ago, where did you think you would be today? How has this changed, and how do you feel about that? Ten years ago I was 13 years old. I don’t really remember what I thought my life would be like at 23… I probably thought I would be getting married or at least engaged, and living in California. I’m so happy with the way most things have worked out because I feel like I’ve been able to take control of my life and make some amazing things happen!
- What’s your favorite bad/trashy movie? Mean Girls, Pitch Perfect, the Hangover
- You have $1000 to spend, in one day, in the city where you live, only on fun stuff for you. How do you spend it? (No online purchases, no ticket purchase for future events, no paying off credit cards or buying your parents gifts, etc). I would buy a new laptop!
- If you won a giveaway to change just one thing about your blog design, what would you want to change? (For example, I recently bought social media buttons). I would create my own, personalized link and purchase social media buttons. I would also create more ad-space so I could create more revenue and activity on the blog.
- How do you spend a rainy Saturday? A good workout class, laying in bed, reading books, watching movies, napping, and eating chocolate!
- What do you miss most about college, or high school if you’re still in college? I miss being so close in proximity to ALL of my friends!
- What’s your best personality trait and your best physical feature? Personality Trait: Overall I am just a really nice, open person! It’s easy to have a conversation with me! As for physical, I’d have to say my hair or teeth.
1. Melinda at C’est Ma Vie!
2. Amanda at Amanda Elsewhere
3. Kyle at Coaching
4. Katie at Just Look at Their Elbow
6. Danna at Warrior Mamma
7. Rinu at Rinu’s Development Thoughts
8. Marikou at Marikou Unwritten
9. Frenchified at Frenchified
10. Stephanie at Where in the World is Stephanie
11. Katherine at Newsom’s Nest
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging, and why?
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, right now, where would you go, and why?
3. If you had the chance to travel back in time or into the future, which would you pick, and what would you want to see/find out?
4. Apple or PC?
5. How did we meet?
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
7. At my funeral, I want this song played:
8. What do you think of when you hear, “Wisconsin?”
9. What is your favorite season and why?
10. I never, ever, want to do this again:
11. What do you like most about yourself?
Thanks Readers! I hope you discover some new blogs and things about your fellow bloggers along the way!